The aim of SVT Görlitz gGmbH is to refurbish the express railcar train VT 18.16.07/10 to operational condition and to run it commercially for special and charter train services in the long term.
However, the comprehensive refurbishment of the train by volunteers is possible only on a very limited basis. Therefore, regional companies also become involved.
We at cideon engineering, as a Saxon company with almost 30 years of experience in the rail sector, would like to help get the train rolling again and are offering working students the opportunity to become involved in this project not only theoretically but also practically by means of internships.
With the support of experienced engineers, the following services can be provided for the SVT Görlitz project:
- Subsequent integration of an emergency brake override, smoke detection system, door blocking device, as well as sound system/intercom system
- Examination of different variants and evaluation of the expenses
- Planning and design of cable connections through a five-car train unit
- Preparation of the conversion documentation for the refurbishment company
- Risk assessment and preparation of necessary documents for re-approval
We look forward to working together with you and are happy to support the realisation of this exciting project!